Our Promise of Satisfaction: We wish you to be satisfied with your purchase. If the product does not perform to your reasonable expectations based on current specifications, please contact us either directly or through the distribution channel.
For the fastest resolution of a problem, the simple steps below are designed to:
- Minimize the number of calls that you need to make.
- Minimize time to handle the issue.
- Minimize your costs and our costs.
- Get you back to a working system as soon as possible.
Technical Support: If you are having issues with your equipment, please first refer to the Technical Support section.
An RMA # is Required: Returns, for whatever reason, are only accepted based on an RMA # (Return Materials Authorization) issued prior to the return of the product.
Evaluation PO: If you purchased product on an agreed Evaluation PO, then during the first 30 calendar days, you may return the product without a restocking fee if we are contacted in advance concerning the reasons for the return and we issue an RMA. Credit is issued followed return and satisfactory inspection.
Damaged Product: If you know that the instrument must be returned, e.g., it is physically damaged, proceed with the steps below.
Please keep the following in mind:
Warranty: There is a 3 year product warranty on all standard DataRay-built products. Warranty is 1 year on third party products purchased via DataRay. Warranties exclude customer damage.
Evaluation Fee: On post-warranty or customer damaged items, a $150 Evaluation Fee applies. The fee is reduced to $50 if you pay for the recommended repair.
Repair/Calibration Turnaround Time: Target is 4 to 10 business days, faster by prior agreement. . If a repair charge is not covered by a purchase order, the repair will not proceed until we receive the PO/credit card information.
Return Direct or via Distributor? If you purchased this unit from a Distributor, and only if you obtain and we receive the prior written (email) consent of the Distributor, you may save time and shipping charges by returning the unit directly to DataRay.
To Obtain an RMA # and fillable pdf RMA form, email email@example.com.
- Fill it out, print it out, keep a copy for your records and include a copy with the shipment. Not providing the paperwork will result in delays.
- Include all system components so that we can test them as a system and perform any upgrades and tests as a system. Pack it properly. Mark the RMA # on the outside of the shipping box & on any packing list attached to the outside of the shipping box.
- Ship 'Attn: Service Dept.' to the address given on the RMA form for the product that you are returning.