Whether you have an instrument problem or a technical inquiry, our aim is to assist you as quickly and effectively as possible. For the fastest resolution of a problem, the simple steps below attempt to:
- Get you back to a working system as soon as possible.
- Minimize the number of calls that you need to make.
- Minimize time to handle the issue.
- Minimize your costs and our costs.
We can frequently solve problems over the phone, or identify the problem well enough to minimize turnaround time on returned equipment and/or the number of items that need to be returned.
Crisis? If you have a production line down due to equipment failure, or some other time-sensative crisis it is still useful to follow the guidance below.
- Installation Problems: Visit the Installation section.
- Other Problems: Clearly identify the problem and write it down. Identify what, if anything has changed since the instrument was working correctly. Wherever possible/appropriate save relevant files. Click Stop, then select File > Save > Save current data … so that you can send files which show us the problem and allow us to manipulate the data. These native files contain additional data and therefore tell us much more than simple screen images.
- Software Updates: Consider upgrading the software to see whether it solves the problem:
- Remote Support: Download the Remote Support User Guide which summarizes contact information and the normal and by arrangement availability of live support, including over-the-web screen sharing. Call 303-543-8235 (MT) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quick Phone Support: Where possible and appropriate, after sending an email with files describing the problem, call from the computer so that we can investigate possible over-the-phone solutions.
Quick Fix Tips
- Load Defaults
- Light: If "the software is not working like it used to", or "the screen is not configured as it used to be", remember that you can refresh the software to its default configuration by clicking Stop and selecting File > Load defaults.
- Full: You can load defaults to a deeper level by holding down the Shift key while restarting the software.
- USB 2.0 products may be disconnected/reconnected while the software is on without issue.
- Legacy PCI or ISA card products must never be connected or disconnected while the software is running. Check that everything is correctly plugged in; where possible, check hardware, cables, and expansion cards by substitution. Use static safe procedures when working with PC cards or disconnected heads.