DataRay Inc., the worldwide leader in laser beam profiling and analysis, is seeking a Software Intern. The Software Intern will work directly with senior engineering staff on both development and debugging of software and firmware issues. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development of new software features
- Investigate customer bug reports and assist with fixing defined software issues
- Document software for internal use
- Provide documentation to customers
- Participate in code, design, and architectural reviews
- Document requirements and design specifications as well as verification plans and test cases
- Assist both the service and manufacturing departments in troubleshooting technical problems with software.
- Recommend innovations and improved methods, tools, and processes
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Working towards a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be fluent in C++
- Excellent written, verbal and organization skills
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, routine reports and correspondence.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience using FPGAs and/or other imbedded systems
- Experience with MATLAB, LabVIEW, or Python
- Familiarity with OpenGL
- Thorough understanding of trigonometry
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to write and speak effectively to customers and team members
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents such as procedure manuals, routine reports
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Practical experience with MS Office apps, CRM, and ERP systems
- Familiarity with schematics and industrial drawings (SolidWorks experience a plus)
Founded in 1988, DataRay Inc. is the worldwide leader in laser beam profiling and analysis, delivering high-quality, affordable, and reliable instrumentation to the photonics industry. Product lines include beam profiling cameras (covering 190 nm to 16 μm, model-dependent), and scanning slit beam profilers (covering 190 nm to 2.5 μm, model-dependent). For more information, visit www.dataray.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DataRay Inc. is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DataRay Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Click here to download this job listing as a PDF
Don’t see a position you’re looking for?
We are always looking to expand our team of photonics professionals. Please feel free to submit your resume to email@example.com.