Please note the following:
- Product firmware is embedded in an EEPROM.
- A firmware upgrade may offer incremental improvements in device performance and/or correct other identified issues.
- Firmware upgrades are free for in-warranty products, but customers are responsible for two-way shipping.
- When contacting us for an RMA number, please include your product name/model number as well as its serial number. Failure to include this information will result in delays.
- If you purchased your system through a reseller/distributor, they may be able to perform the upgrade for you – please contact DataRay first to confirm.
|Product||Latest Firmware Revision||Update Method|
|Beam'R2||4 (2 for SN 6231 and lower)||RMA|
|BeamMap2||4 (2 for SN 6231 and lower)||RMA|
|BeamScope-P7U & -P8 (with P8-IF)||1||RMA|
For current (i.e., non-legacy) products, you can identify the current version of firmware by connecting it to your computer and running the DataRay software. In the upper-left corner of the screen in the green Ready/Running box you will see the product's ID followed by a period and a number (e.g., "Ready #1 ccd_12.7"). The number after the period is the firmware version on your device. In the image below, the product is a UCD12 running firmware version 7.